Friday, April 25, 2008

What is Bye Bye Body Fat???

My Motivation...

I want to learn to live in a way that helps me to look and feel my best all of the time. I want to be in optimum health, fit, and thin, and yet live a normal life: eat out with friends, work a 9-to-5 desk job, have free time outside of exercise, etc. I decided that there had to be a secret out there to achieving this, and I was going to find it!!! I’ve scoured the internet and online fitness communities, read countless books and magazines, bought all kinds of DVDs and equipment and tried numerous programs. I’ve had successes and failures, and to this day I’m still experimenting to find the most effective, straight-forward approaches to fat loss. After all of this time spent, I finally feel like I'm figuring it out. This is an account of my journey into living a fitness lifestyle.

Here's where I am today...

Well, not today exactly. It starts back in December, '07. The holidays were nearly over and I had had enough to eat and drink to last me for months. I had practically abandoned any type of exercise plan and my weight was up. By chance, I happened to listen to an online interview with Craig Ballantyne and everything he said struck a chord with me. He had developed a program called Turbulence Training that delivered everything I wanted: fat loss using workouts that only took 45 minutes at a time, 3x a week. It went against everything I had come to believe would work: long cardio sessions 6x a week, practically starving myself and lifting light weights with high reps. My curiosity was definitely peaked! I checked it out, read the testimonials and I was sold. The possibility of having more time to myself and getting that fit look I wanted sucked me right in.

I actually ended up joining the 12-week online transformation contest hosted by Craig. I entered thinking the camaraderie of the other contestants and the accountability would be great to get me back on a fitness plan. I was right! Check out my 12-week befores and afters below (Jan-March 2008)! This blog will share how I said "bye bye" to body fat and what I'm doing now to maintain my transformation and get even closer to my fitness goal.
Click HERE to learn about Turbulence Training




No comments: